Help Me Plan for the Future!

Thanks to everyone who completed my surveys! It’s a really big help to hear from you this way :-D. The winners of the random drawing for a skein each of Maeve are: Lisa Dexheimer, Carolyn Caldwell, Tresa, and Debd94. I’ve emailed you all, so check your mail boxes!

I’m in the process of skeining up yarns for gradient and other kits for my website and the New York Sheep & Wool Festival, and also creating some special blanks for sock and other knitting projects in some of my most popular bases, and I’d love your help!

I’ve created the following surveys to help me plan out these new STF offerings, so I can better provide just what you’re looking for, and I’m really hoping you’ll help me out by taking a moment to answer the following questions:

Complete the above survey, and then leave me a comment telling me what your dream yarn is: the color (either an already-existing colorway, or the as-yet-created color of your dreams) and on what STF yarn base, and you’ll be entered to win one of the skeins of yarn featured in the photograph below:

Maeve_Photos (1 of 1)

Maeve, 75 incredible yards per skein of super chunky superfine merino and cashmere. From left to right: Fresh Tomato, Waikiki, Scrimshaw, Bog Shadows

This is a new base I’m considering adding to my yarn line, which I’ve named Maeve. It’s a super chunky blend of superfine merino and cashmere, and is just intoxicating (hence the name: Maeve translates as intoxicating, or she who intoxicates πŸ˜€ ).

The survey will stay open until Tuesday, August 23, at which time I’ll close the comments and randomly choose 4 winners for a skein of yarn each!

Thanks for your feedback!

This entry was posted in New York Sheep & Wool Festival, Yarn. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Help Me Plan for the Future!

1. Pat Hazen says:

Love brigantine…..I would love a deep purple with turquoise, kind of with medium repeats. Good luck with your grand opening, see you at Rhinebeck.

2. llmcguire38 says:

Lately I’ve been coveting the colors of a very fine Cabernet. The deep, rich, sultry, sexy, dark reds/purples just make me swoon! For yarn bases, well, I love Sunna, Birte, Nona, Vesta, Verdande, Brigantia, and, and…

3. Shannon says:

Right now I am teaching sick classes so anything in a fingering weight is my favorite right now. Colors I would love to see or are drawn to are Kelly greens and navy’s with some purples and deep fuchsia. I can’t wait to meet you at NY Sheep and Wool this year!

4. I need to build up my worsted stash right now, so I would say Verdande would be my favorite. I would love a peacock sort of color with green merging into teal to turquoise to cobalt to indigo to purple. I don’t ask for much!

5. Anne Bowman says:

Hard to say what my favorite is. Right now I am lusting after a rich red in Vesta for a sweater. I’ll talk to you about it at the open house. Can’t wait!

6. Linda Warner says:

I am loving speckles right now and am spoiled to have a large stash. That said, if I were to win, I would love a merino or merino blend in a fingering weight. I have a speckled yarn is Browns and and an orange that is needing a third to knit a Steven West shawl. I really like surprises and am being vague on purpose!

7. Lisa Gordon says:

I love blue greens navy indigo turquoise forest with purples in fingering and do weights.

8. Tresa says:

Browns to lite yellows . In bulky 😍

9. I would LOVE a gorgeous French lavender inspired color way (shades of violet and blue with speckles of green) on Sunna! I think it would make an amazing shawl!!

10. linda says:

I love blues ,I would love to work with a FW that start with the color of the warm sea color and goes thru the blues to a light sky blue

11. treadles says:

I love sunna, and anything in the yellow/gold family. That seems right for warming up.

12. Margery says:

I love sunna, and anything in the yellow/gold family. They seem the right colors for warming up.

13. Ingrid says:

Ruby slippers on Sunna looks lovely!

14. Yarngiraffe says:

I like DK and worsted, so my favorite STF bases are Birte and Verdande.

I am a sucker for blue, so your rich tonal blues (like tangled up in blue) are my favorite! (Although yor reds are pretty fantastic too – like ruby slippers) πŸ™‚

15. rosmarina says:

Favorite bases: sunna and birte. BFL runs a close second.
    Favorite colors/blends: Bottle Glass, generally, deep blues and greens.

16. Suzanne says:

Love Brigantia for sweaters (have I think 2 or 3 sweater quantities waiting for me to plan something) and then Sunna is a favorite for scarfs. I obviously like the Bog Shadows color as I had at one time 2 or 3 skeins of it that I must have just kept buying the same color but I also like any purple color.

17. Debd94 says:

Verdande in blues and greys.

18. Rosemary Moore says:

Favorite base(s): Sunna and Birte, BFL a close second depending on what I’m making
    Favorite color/blend: blues, dark greens, Bottle Glass, Vendange.

19. Judy Malone says:

Something in your blues–Celestial or Midnight Rendezvous–but really ANY blue! Love the Brigantia base, but again, pretty much ANY of your yarn bases are great for knitting!

20. Stephanie B. says:

I love Verdande (also Brigantia…..)

Deep blue-reds or purple

21. sloknitr says:

My favorite base is Sunna and in a beautiful blue-green/teal tonal would be perfect.

22. Right now I love an aran / bulky weight yarn. I am enjoying watching your photos on instagram and will look for you in Rhinebeck this October; my First visit to this event!

Oh, you will LOVE Rhinebeck! It’s so beautiful; the perfect time of year for sweaters. Looking forward to meeting you at the Festival! And so glad you’re enjoying my photos πŸ˜€

23. Pamela Price says:

Sunna! Solace or Herb GardenπŸ‘πŸ‘

24. sophy0075 says:

S

• sophy0075 says:

(I should never try to reply on a Nook – it shuts down before I can even correct an entry). My dream STF yarn would be BFL, like Tayet, but in a fingering weight rather than a light fingering – BFL wears better than merino for socks but is deliciously soft and has a beautiful longwool glow, a regular fingering weight avoids having to do maths when using the plethora of existing fingering weight sock and sweater patterns. The color I’d love? Similar to Muscaris, but not *quite* as Welch’s grape jelly purple – add a bit of grey shading and a slight amount of variegation, for more depth. Rather like the depth and variegation of the Waikiki skein above, which is my favourite of the four chunky skeins.

πŸ˜€ I’ll have to look into that. I chose a lighter fingering because Sunna is a bit heavier. I have a new sport weight non-superwash BFL, Eir, debuting at NYSW. And I’ll definitely work on a colorway that’s what you describe; sounds yummy to me, too πŸ˜€

25. Gloria Ross says:

Sunna or Nona in a golden/bronze semi solid.

26. mimers66 says:

Sunna is absolutely my dream yarn. Luxurious and rugged at the same time. It is just a little heavier than most fingering and perfect for sock, shawls and even sweaters. My Favorite color so far has been Bacchus.

27. vi says:

i clicked through the links from the email not from here the website
    sniff
    does that mean you didn’t get my answers?

28. vi says:

okey dokey…sunna (love that yarn)
    in a sort of glowing cardinal sort of tonal color
    i see my cardinals out the window here and i paint their beaks and feathers and i just love those shadings into reds

Comments are closed.